Saturday, August 30, 2008

Easy 'Cause You're Beautiful

Greetings from the long island, where Abby (romper girl, for the new york set) and I are enjoying a very leisurely (see also: fattening) existence. This morning I had cookies and scones for breakfast after sleeping 12 hours after a car-ride filled with easy-listening sing alongs with my father, sister, and brother-in-law. None of this is important. BUT I did have two very interesting dreams last night. The first was that my job gave me benefits effective as of october. And secondly that I had a very intense driving-range-competition that I lost and freaked the fuck out.

anyway now on to reality:

I'm glad that we all seem to be progressing to some sort of self-sustainable adulthood, which is to say, holler at making money. I have only recently realized how much of a pay-cut I've taken by quitting my job with my dad. But man, has my quality of life improved.

I think I might, maybe, have a by-line in a future issue of T+L which is thrilling, granted it will be a "researched by" or some equivalent, and potentially not a by-line at all but a girl can dream.

Josh and I have started wearing matching outfits to work - just color-schemes, for now - we're going to see how long it takes for someone to notice. I think it's going swimmingly, I think everyone who has a friend at work should do it.

My first real volunteer experience was totally lame. I knit at the Prince George Hotel, a low-income "hotel" that's really a halfway house. We were supposed to knit baby-blanket squares with residents but none showed up so it was me, and four other volunteers making squares and being awkward. I don't think I'll go back again, we'll see how dog-walking in Harlem goes.

This is an ill-constructed post but basically the gist is, I'm really happy, and I don't think it's lunar. I think I've actually made a life for myself. My job is great, my apartment is great, my roommate is fierce, my volunteering is (in the future going to be I hope) rewarding, and I've started seeing this awesome dude. (eek, this makes me uncomfortable)

I love you all.


ps. cait, let's invite taylor rubin and hayley to this. And can we permanently change the timestamp?

No comments: