Thursday, August 14, 2008

Absolutely Yumz

So things are going well (once again, I'm going to say this is lunar) at work and at home. I'm in the middle of a three-week slim down process that coincides with training for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure (please sponsor me - email me I will send you my fundraising page). I've scheduled my wisdom teeth surgery for September 4th and I've finally wrapped my mind around the idea of having a part of me ripped out. I signed up with New York Cares and have a quick 1-hour orientation monday before I can start volunteering. Work is going well - my boss called me brilliant and I'm accepting new responsibilities left and right. I love my team and will be discussing benefits and a contract-position in the weeks to come.  Also, I work with a coder named Arthur so I find myself saying "thanks arthur..." all the time - matching cream-colored jackets to follow (along the same lines my outfits have been killer lately, I might start live-blogging my wardrobe). 

Cuddles with Alex are on the decline as my runs and blackberry-scheduled evenings don't leave much room for snuggles. This is the only bummer. 

What else? uh I don't know I feel really sunny and do-gooder-y but I think that's kind of a nice departure from the rest of the jaded 20-something meanderings that usually populate this thing. 

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

My Fundraising Page:

http://www.komennyc.org/site/TR/Race/race2008-wide?px=1647403&pg=personal&fr_id=1150