Saturday, August 2, 2008

dorks

I don't know if any of you will have any clue what I'm talking about with this post, but I want to say it somewhere:
I saw American Graffiti for the first time the other night and realized there are uncanny similarities between the character Terry "The Toad" Fields and the Freaks and Geeks character Bill Haverchuck. They behave similarly and even look and sound remarkably similar. Yet, seemingly no one has expounded on this on the internet. What's the deal??
Granted, as Freaks and Geeks came almost 20 years after American Graffiti, the show's creators probably just jacked the Toad character because he fits so well/is so necessary in just about any coming-of-age tale. But this doesn't matter to me -- I am a really big Bill Haverchuck fan and I want to talk about this. It depresses me to think he wasn't a Judd Apatow brainchild, made just for Freaks and Geeks.

Thoughts, anyone?


(Toad in the middle)

http://www.freaklopedia.com/Wallpaper/chair1024.jpg

(Bill)

sigh.

No comments: