Thursday, December 4, 2008

wowowow it's been a while

today i got lost wandering the halls of the National Museum of Natural History's upper floors. Deep within the bowels of the museum are thousands of stacks of shelves filled with bones and other relics that never made it to the NMNH's six collosal "pods": space-age, football field-sized windowless warehouses where the bulk of the NMNH collection is housed, located right nextdoor to my place of work. It was kind of a cool situation to be in, just wandering around a maze of bone shelves.

not much more to tell here. I joined a neighborhood gym this week, which is exciting because I might start making fitness a continuous and important part of my life, for the first time ever. This gym is like the "Cheers" of gyms--it's tiny, with people of all ages, shapes and sizes wandering around. It's like that gym from the movie "Dodgeball", Average Joe's, but with a few more ladies. Today I went to the yoga class there and was pleasantly surprised by the small size of the class, my [slight] flexibility, and my scottish yoga instructor's lovely accent.

Lastly, I am being interviewed for my U.S. Citizenship on Monday. How terrifying! I will soon be joining your ranks, only to use this newfound status to justify taking trips that last longer than six months and not concerning myself with the possibility of being unable to re-enter the U.S.

Speaking of travel, I went to Costa Rica last week, and I'll be going again in 2 weeks. This time around, my mom took me to an acuupuncturist, which I would recommend if you enjoy things like yoga and all the silly things your yoga instructors says, like "breathe into your psoas, feel your psoas"*. The acupuncturist had a very similar schpiel-he made me hold a little jar of milk, and tested my pressure points and resistance, and suddenly came to the conclusion that I was lactose-intolerant. Incredible! He even called my mom today to see if I am actually keeping away from lactose (I am not, but I told mom to lie). They really like all that new-age eastern medicine shit in Costa Rica!


Last of all, happy birthday Jay-Z!!! Thanks for writing a rap titled "December 4", it will always make me remember your b-day.


*these things were actually said during today's yoga class.

1 comment: