Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hello, I'm a Mac...

So, as Christmas in the Savino house was mostly envelope giving this year, I have just purchased a new laptop after 6 years.

I'm a little concerned because my relationships with my mac friends are quintessentially "I'm a Mac...and I'm a PC" and I don't know how to define myself now. I'm not liberal enought for mac-dom: I eat meat (veal even! foie gras!), I looooove fur, I shoot guns (ok once, but I think my mom and I might hit up the midtown gun range), I occassionally side with free market economics, I don't like Scarlet Johanson.

Crisis of conscience.

It truly was a pivotal christmas. The only tree the family had was a small potted one in the corner, instead we strung ribbons from the light fixtures and hung our ornaments there (I really should edit Real Simple). My only presents were stocking stuffers, two of which I returned. NO CHURCH this year - a very heathen christmas indeed. But now, my father and I are starting a new tradition, though this year we listened to the whole of Handel's Messiah on the couch and fell asleep, next year (and every year thereafter) we're going to see it live - and most likely fall asleep too.

Christmas Money Purchase Roundup:
2 pairs black flat boots - would anyone like a pair? I made a final-sale mistake I seriously regret
4 pairs of tickets to New York City Ballet
2 pairs work-apropriate flats - one of which may be returned
1 ella moss top
MacBook
and, most importantly
GIANT FAUX LEOPARD PRINT COAT

bless your heart intermix sales.

To Purchase:
Wireless Keyboard
Opera and Ballet Tickets for Prague
Tights

Conspicuous consumption is alive and well.
To counteract it - I'm volunteering tomorrow night, driving around in a van and giving meals to homeless men and women.
AND
After a very successful "no purchases for myself" period from September 29th through December 25th, I'm reinstating it from January 2nd to 31st [break for Prague] then until Easter.

Pretty good eh?

No comments: