Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fast-track to Middle-age

Hello, Williamsburg expatriots. I actually got a real-person job! I'm writing to you from my desk in a very professional office building, in which I currently serve no real purpose. I think they're still looking for things to keep me busy for the time being. I'm a pharmaceutical market researcher -- a job that I'm neither interested in or qualified for, but I got bills to pay! I'm not sure what my job title fully entails, but essentially I'll be researching which drugs doctors prescribe and why.

Actually, I can't complain about the company; the office is really nice, and everyone is extremely approachable. And they left a little gift bag on my desk the first day with chocolates and gift cards to restaurants. From a dating perspective, this company's mack is HUGE.

I'm fast realizing, though, that watching "The Office" and living "The Office" are two very different things....

But until I actually have real responsibilities, I'll be posting up here!
P.S. for the love of god please gchat me

Also, halfway through my first day the entire building started to shake like there was an earthquake, and there was an awful noise coming from the roof, as if a helicopter was crashing over and over. All of the employees started to freak out, and we had to evacuate the building. Butttt it was just the giant industrial air conditioner on the roof that exploded (we're on the third and top floor). But now we don't have air conditioning and it's like working in a Taiwanese sweat shop, so they keep sending us home early. Hooray!

-Andy

No comments: