Sunday, September 7, 2008

dramz

Hey guys,

sorry i haven't written in a while. I am especially sorry because it's taken me over a week to muster up the energy to write about a very hilarious experience I recently had with one of my fellow p-w bloggers and recent birthday boy, Dean Edwards. Here goes, just cuz:

Last Friday, I met up with some fellow WM graduates for happy hour. I ventured out to the sticks of virginia (Courthouse, to be precise--DC living has sadly enhanced my inner geographical location snobbery), where they all live. Two of the ladies in my company are roommates of Dean's, so once we all got tipsy thanks to empty stomachs and $3 Amstel lights, we decided to continue the party. We ended up at Dean's house, reveling until the wee hours. Before I knew it, we were dancing to Springsteen in the living room. It was around this time that my inebriated self began to panic about having to sleep in a bed with some stranger (they have a pull-out couch in the living room, and i thought that i would be made to sleep there with the other person who was at the house who didn't live there, this guy named Tyler i think?) so i literally broke into Dean's bedroom, threw off my pants, climbed into his twin bed with him, and pass out. I woke up at 7am, terribly parched, so I get up and am shocked that I am not wearing pants or a bra. i put these items back on, chug some water, and return to dean's room to see him grudgingly making the aerobed for me (Thanks Dean!). We fell back asleep and woke a few hours later to some pleasant pillow talk. All in all, I'd like to thank Dean publically for having a sleepover with me, even if it was thrust upon him without consent.

In other news, work rules, I got my reader's badge for the Dumbarton research library this week, and got some sage advice from Dr J.P., one of my Pre-Columbian studies icons. Am literally drowning in books in papers in my boss's office; he keeps mailing me more and more material from his stops in Argentina and Chile. For you DC-ers, my museum is opening its newest show very soon, a survey of Fritz Scholder's work (contemporary art), it's going to be super so let me know if you'd like to go!

My house is coming apart at the seams. Part of my housemate's ceiling came off during the storm we had on Saturday, and we have illegal scaffolding set up in front of our house. An inspector from the DC government came by unannounced and called our living situation "slum living". It was kind of embarrassing. While we are taking legal action to assure that no one will ever again call us victims of a slum lord, we fear the clusterfuck that is the DC government/court system and its ability to actually prevent our hosue from falling apart. Wish me luck, I'm going to landlord and tenant court tomorrow.

that's life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Cait. said...

wow that is awesome about sleeping with dean. i think the last time dean and i had a sleepover, he was wearing zebra pants.

< college 3

Dean R. Edwards said...

I exist for your common pleasures.