Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thanks, Arthur.


I was mid-precis at the time of this: 












But seriously, I feel like bears are EVERYWHERE.



It all started when Team Face recalled the "Bear City" shorts on SNL (gag, I know), and suddenly singing the jingle and saying "bear city" at completely unnecessary times became the norm.  

And then I realized that this uh, school-related person, for vagueness' sake REALLY REALLY REALLY REMINDS ME OF A BEAR.  Like imagine if a person was slowly becoming a bear, to an uncanny degree.  It's haunting.

I have a really odd schedule and procrastinate a lot, so much of this is done by nosing around ONTD.  It is here that I learned about Pedo-Bear, mainly in relation to teenybopper-, I'm sorry, tween?-related posts about Disney Channel stars (sidenote-new guilty pleasure is totally Hannah Montana; I keep it on in the background while I read lots of Derrida and Freud [teehee]).   There was an episode of Hannah Montana the other day with a stuffed bear in it.  BEARS EVERYWHERE.

Fast forward to tonight, in my Dead Performers class, where we talked about what? BEARS.  Teddybears.  Sent as a memorial from something in Oklahoma to NYC for 9/11.  Bears as surrogate mourners.  BEARS.

But this Dead Performers class is really great.  I LOOOOOOVE the instructor, who is Kay Turner, matriarch (or something) of the Brooklyn Arts Council and general awesome riot of intellectual laughs and greatness.  And the people in my class are fantastic; it's a smaller class than the intro, so discussion is a lot more focused and relevant.   The sucky thing is that it meets from 6:30-9:15, which is just really, really odd.  

The journal job is fun too.  My co-workers/boss(es) are all very different but make great officemates.  My kindof main boss often yells profanities at the top of her lungs with the door to the hallway open.  I get to email very important people sometimes.  Something else about a bear happened at work the other day, but I don't remember what, just that it was ANOTHER BEAR.

Oh, and Charlotte got a BlackBeary.


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QLSRMoKKS0

DEP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.