Sunday, July 6, 2008

better late than never

Why helloooooo there everybody!

This is my first post to this blog. Sorry for taking so long...it's been a bit difficult to find the inspiration to do this, especially amidst the crazy changes going on in my life. Allow me to update you:
- I just moved into my new place, a huge, old house in Woodley Park (for those of you who aren't familair with DC, it's the neighborhood located all around the National Zoo, also sandwiched between Cleveland Park and Adams Morgan. A pretty sweet place.) that I share with 3 other housemates (technically 4, but the 4th housemate is perpetually MIA-she moved in with her bf? i dont know). It's pretty nice, the location is wonderful, but I have been so busy putting my room together that I haven't gotten a chance yet to really explore. All I do know is that I walked home drunkenly from Adams Morgan on thursday and made it home quickly and alive, and that there is a Chipotle around the corner, which is basically the reason I moved here. I am happy with the place but I could really use a chair--I have been using my bed as a chair and it's not so good.

- I am officially employed! I am working for the same curator I worked for last semester. It's been exhausting but really great, I have a 45 minutes-1hour commute to work e'eryday, which kind of sucks. I am just waiting on that first paycheck. Man, the day I get that will be the best day ever. Especially because it means I can buy my own food instead of eating all the food of the people whose house I am currently "sitting". I am going to be really embarrassed once they come back and see that their fridge is empty.

Despite all of this great stuff going on, I have been falling into little ruts here and there, especially over the weekends. Like I don't know what to do with myself now that I am far away from the overly-social atmosphere of college. A lot of my friends still live in NOVA, or are scattered around other parts of the city, and I am not used to waking up and having to figure out how to get to the people I want to see--I actually miss walking into my disgusting williamsburg kitchen and happening upon people to talk to. Who am I kidding, I miss that whole damn house, except maybe the bathroom.

kuyki ("love" in quechua, the language i am (hoping to) learn[ing])

Lu

2 comments:

Dean R. Edwards said...

ciao Lucia-

you should hang out with Cass, Ryan and me sometime. I have great opportunities for weekend fun. Cass arrives on Tuesday night.

Lu, "la chelita" said...

I'd love to hang out! Cassie told me that she's arriving Tuesday--to your super sweet new falls church home, no less. Please let me know of great opportunities for weekend fun--especially if they fall on Friday night.