Monday, February 2, 2009

greetings from Prague

If I were pretentious(er) I'd start this with AHOY! which, in some other spelling (maybe) is the czech greeting. Also pivo means beer and I have been drinking far too much of it which is why I'm home at the tame tame hour of 11 tonight. One-drink *redacted* is in way over her head.

As an overshare - fiber is scarce in this city and I am paying that price as well (thank god I packed back-up)

I have a bit of traveler's guilt about not seeing everything on my list but to be honest, the city itself is the attraction not, say, the extensive taxidermy collection at the national museum (pleasantly free on the first monday of the month).

Things are cheap except for clothing - I am very close to buying a fur hat except it would be over 200 bucks (5,000 crowns) and I just can't justify that. In order to appease my intense desire to spent 4 figures of currency, I toyed with the idea of buying a vintage fur coat instead - but I just looked crazy - photo to come.

Mostly prague can be summed up as such:
stale cigarettes, pork, and communism

No comments: