Friday, May 23, 2008

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Ok, so maybe not. I did see Indiana Jones last night but I won't reveal any of the plot twists.

I have no job or job search to speak of... only future plans, which all involve grad school in some capacity. My first step towards these plans is GRE-prep i.e. taking PESL (pretentious english as a second language). I'll try to make words like "meretricious" and "soporific" part of my vernacular. Another part of this first step also involves more school, unfortunately. However, the upside is that I will be bunking with Mr. Sean Dalby. I'm sure seeing his smiley, jubiliant face every morning will make coffee unnecessary and will energize me enough to start my day fresh. My next post will deal with "Dalby-living" so stay tuned.

Summer loves, interests, and hatreds:
love: The Waves by Virginia Woolf
interest: Tom Waits' entire catalog. So far I've only digested "Closing Time" and "Rain Dogs"
hatred: gas prices/driving a mini-van. i paid $75 to fill my tank up yesterday.

5 comments:

sbthac said...

PEHDTSCKJMBA, David, PEHDTSCKJMBA.

Quilliam said...

is that tom waits's new acronym?

Lu, "la chelita" said...

dave, have you listened to "The Early Years, Vol. 2"? It's my one, only and favorite tom waits album. not as crazy as his other stuff.

alsoooo see you in a couple of weeks!!!

Brandon said...

Whoa! David... Blogging... Whoa...

sbthac said...

Yes, Andy. "People Envy Happiness. Dogs, Though, Sense Courage, Knowing Jubilation Means Better Ass-ets."