Thursday, November 27, 2008

Anxious Midnight Pre-Thanksgiving Post - Of Course!

Oy Vey. So, I have this vacation planned in February to go to Prague to visit a dude-friend. He may or may not have, over homecoming, very intoxicated, told me several things including "I want to fuck the shit out of you" and "if you're not planning on sleeping with me, then get a hotel room". Well fuck (the shit). I haven't entirely talked to him since then. And I certainly haven't thought about the vacation. Which is fine EXCEPT that I also mistakenly bought those super sweet John Legend tickets for the night I get back. Boo hiss. I suppose I'll be hawking those babies on craigslist or that other ticket scalping site.

ADDITIONALLY

I will not be taking a vacation so much as a weeklong unpaid leave as I am still freelance (though no longer lying to my parents - does anyone have cheap insurance btw?) and have no paid vacaton days. Hours still reduced. Economy still sucking

*competitive stressing? - dan*

I called customer-service guru Delta and they will issue me a credit for my flight minus a 200-dollar fee for cancellation.
At this point - that sounds ok.

But if the fucking shit comment was just drunken and if I can actually stay in his apartment without the prostitution element it could be a fun trip. And most likely a well needed vacaton. And what would I do with a delta credit anyway?

In other news:
The F&W job I applied to has been frozen until january. I applied to a few jobs but as they were listed on mediabistro, I'm sure the other 199 applicants are more qualified. I still have 2 jobs to apply to, 2 articles to write for my 2nd freelance outlet, hours upon hours of T+L work to do. And a family to fawn over.

But, then again, christmas party season is upon us and if I remember it correctly it means a lot of rich food, champagne, drunkeness, and then vomming the whole thing away that evening. Looks like my holiday weight goals are in sight.

~FIN~

Addendum:
still up worrying...
thank goodness for the quizzes on disneychannel.com in the hannah montana zone. You should all go though I cannot vouch for their accuracy. It said I was hannah/miley and that the music genre that represents my lifestyle is...COUNTRY

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm going. Definitely. I talked to him about it. Plus, I can't refund the ticket - just get a credit so the money's been spent.

Cait. said...

re: cheap insurance, i had healthy new york until i got hired and they started paying for my oxford. i think it was bc/bs catastrophic coverage and there was no prescription plan but it's only like $180 a month and you'll be covered if you break your leg or something. check it out!