Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bless Your Heart Dan

Alright, now that Dan posted, I feel a lot better about posting again (I had a deep rooted fear that team face were the only ones on here alive anymore)

A complaint sent to apple. enjoy.

Order Number *redacted
Case Number *redacted

To Whom It May Concern:

As a lifelong PC user, I am absolutely livid about the product and care I received during my first two days as a Mac owner. After waiting five days longer to receive my computer than predicted, the MacBook I purchased did not turn on. After a seemingly simple call with Apple Care I went to the genius bar to fix my laptop. Although my AppleCare consultant promised not only that she had entered all of my notes into my case number, but also that the only way to receive help was to go to an Apple Store in person, neither was the case.

Upon arrival at the genius bar, a concierge placed my name on the list and told me to wait on a bench nearby. After TWO HOURS of waiting, a representative meandered over and asked why I was waiting. Apparently, he said, I had been mislead by both the concierge (someone would have helped me sooner had she alerted them) and by Apple Care. Indeed, my case number provided no other information than “referred to apple store” and as my computer was purchased online and was a refurbished computer, Genius Bar could do nothing.

The following morning I called Apple to explain all of the circumstances and frustration. After being put on hold for the majority of my near half-hour phone call (with the most nerve-grating music I have ever had the misfortune of hearing), I was told I would have to send my computer back to Apple.

As a freelance writer I find this whole experience to be absolutely unacceptable. To have a late, broken, and now incapacitated computer causes me more than just fury but loss of wages. There was a complete and utter lack of communication between the three branches of Apple that I spoke to.

It is an experience like this that makes me wonder why I ever decided to switch from PC to Mac. I cannot believe that your company clings to its user experience and customer care as selling points.

I am incredibly disappointed and upset by the past days as a failed Mac user.


With lost hope,

Charlotte *redacted
*redacted

2 comments:

aabeaton said...

...should i upload the photos of our respective fur-lined beast/soviet ninja ensembles for the late night apple store community gathering place excursion?

Charlotte said...

hahah yes you must